Dr Seidel dog Shampoo
Dr Seidel shampoo concentrate with chlorhexidine is a perfect wash and care product for dogs treated for skin inflammatory conditions caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacterial infections, fungal (also yeast-induced) infections, hypersensitivity disorders and hormone-dependent dermatoses. Chlorhexidine helps to achieve sustained effects owing to its bipolar molecular structure. The shampoo causes no skin and mucosal irritation. Contains gentle washing agents suitable for frequent use.
A conditioning product designed for use during the treatment of:
surface infections: skin fold dermatitis (face, lips, vulva, tail and entire body)
superficial infections: impetigo, superficial bacterial folliculitis
deep infections: canine acne, pododermatitis
induced by Malassezia pachydermatis
hypersensitivity disorders (due to associated secondary skin infections caused by bacteria or Malassezia pachydermatis):
flea allergy dermatitis
hormone-dependent dermatoses (due to associated secondary skin infections caused by bacteria or Malassezzia pachydermatis): sex-hormone dermatoses (in non-neutered male dogs and non-spayed female dogs), hyperadrenocorticism (dogs), hypothyroidism (dogs)
- Chlorhexidine – a substance used in medicine since 1957 due to its effectiveness. 3% content. The mechanism of action of chlorhexidine is based on the affinity to negative ions in the bacterial cell membrane and therefore it exhibits more effective against Gram-positive bacteria (e.g. Staphylococcus intermedius) compared to Gram-negative bacteria. Chlorhexidine helps to achieve sustained anti-bacterial effects owing to its bipolar molecular structure. It is also highly effective in eliminating fungal and yeast-induced infections (e.g. by Malassezia pachydermatis). It causes no skin irritation and has zero toxicity.
Method of use
In case of skin problems, please contact your vet about the frequency and method of administration.
Aqua, Decyl Glucoside, Lauramidopropyl Betaine, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, PEG-75 Lanolin, Cocamide DEA, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sodium Benzoate.
Store in room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children.
Coat and skin care
Dr Seidel wash-and-care shampoos are designed for animals treated for skin problems and prevention of skin infections. A properly matched shampoo will help you eliminate skin conditions which can be particularly unpleasant and burdensome for both the dog and its owner, such as infections, seborrhoea, dandruff (dry and oily), pruritus, skin exfoliation, irritated skin and allergic conditions.
All dr Seidel shampoos:
– have excellent hair care properties,
– eff ectively cleanse the skin without damaging its natural protective barrier,
– restore natural hair softness and shine,
– contain remoisturising substances.